Traverse City's Only Floating Venue
Perfect For Any Occasion
So many of life’s greatest moments call for a unique and exciting venue. Our charters are available mornings, afternoons or evenings and are perfect for just about any occasion:
birthday parties, family reunions, anniversaries, baby showers, graduations, class reunions, school groups, church events, retirement parties, social clubs, association gatherings, corporate events, weddings, rehearsal dinners, receptions... or just a special time to get together with family and friends!
Events are Customizable
Choose your own caterer, food and beverage, audio/visual, entertainment, decorations and more! And because of the open layout of both decks on our vessel, we offer an array of seating arrangements and event set-ups. We maintain flexibility in everything we do because we know our clients want something unique to their event.
Seating Capacities, Occupancy, and Event Set-Up
The maximum capacity of The Discovery for groups is 149 passengers. In most cases, due to space restrictions from tables, chairs, dance floors etc., the maximum capacities more commonly fall below 100 guests. The configurations for seating are versatile and vary from theater or classroom style for meetings, table seating for meal functions, cocktail tables for reception styles, or combinations of either available on both lower and upper decks.
Charter Rentals Include:
- 2 hour cruise minimum with 110 volt power
- Event planner to assist with your pre-planning and on-site coordinationExclusivity to the vessel just for your event which will include fuel, captain, and crew
- Flexibility to set your own cruise time (based on availability)
- Request for your own cruising route (limitations apply)
- Sound system with CD Player or iPod/ MP3/phone hook-up, and wireless microphone
- Access to (2) flat screen TVs for computerized slide shows, DVDs ,or videos
- Versatile deck set ups to include chairs, various size tables, dance floor, buffets, etc.
- Food and Beverage bars stocked to your preference
Charter Pricing Starts at $1,800
- Varied pricing depending on date, time, and add-ons
- Rates valid for a maximum of 100. Additional guest surcharge may apply
- Prices are subject to change unless confirmed by a signed contract and will include one hour dockside time for caterer set up/decorating and 30 minute post tear down time
Due to the special requirements of food preparation and serving meals with limited facilities, werecommend that the catering company you select sends a representative to inspect the vessel for serving logistics and limitations. The Discovery event manager must be informed of the catering company or any other vendors that you will be using, and an appointment must be scheduled for any vendors needing a site inspection. Catering companies are in very high demand in Traverse City so we recommend that you contact them in sync with booking your charter date. If you prefer to not have a catered event but would like food available for your guests, your event planner can share additional food options. Please be aware that The Discovery will charge a $250.00 service/cleaning fee for all outside catered events.
We Want to Hear From You!
Please take a moment to provide more information about your event. We will contact you promptly with more detailed answers to your questions and more options and ideas to start the planning process. If you prefer to speak with us directly, please call us at 231-934-1183.